Monday, August 01, 2005

There and back again

I have been to Hell and it looks a lot like Walmart. The road to Hell is also paved a whole lot like 128. Two things in this area I could do without, except walmart is everywhere so you cant get away from it and the pilgrims used 128 to visit the indians on the first thanksgiving and it needed repaved then so I dont think that will ever change. My nice new knee-high black (rubber) boots are the steel toed version which is nice because I have some nut kicking to do around here. Unfortunately I think it is going to have to wait until after I return from Peru because they are already packed. Per tradition I poured myself a glass of kahlua+milk when I returned home. And yes the bug in the bottom of my p-nut butter glass and no I didnt drink him. He looked so serene in the bottom last little remenants of the drink swirling in the eddy that I just left him. I think it would be a good way to go.


-------Time Lapse--------


The sky tonight is full of really bright flashy lights, and Jenna (el perro de LL) is wicked afraid of storms. Poor puppy. I wonder if we get storms down in Peru or just rain? I am now as packed as I can be. My sleeping bag and my toothbrush need crammed in to my over stuffed bag when I am done with them in the morning and I will be on my way. This time I WILL NOT get lost and everything will go according to plan because life works that way. I have no clue what I forgot to pack except a pocket knife and a calculator both of which are at home and the one text book that is most important that didnt come yet. And yeah at this point I am wicked ancy. There will be no sleeping. Which is bad because the next 2+ days are going to be spent traveling probably featuring me as a translator a veces because I am one of the 1.5 people who speak spanish on the trip outside of the proff. God I love life. There was this great little switch in plans and instead of flying from Lima to la Puerto Malanado we are driving. This is stellar because we get to go through the andes!!! and basically just drive through the all of Peru and see what it is about before we hit the jungle. We are gonna be in a nice fancy bus I guess so no chickens and its like a 20 hour trek. We arent even out of the country and plans are changing. I love it. How can people not like to travel. Me and KL were having this discussion today. Apparently I am the only person brave enough to go to Haiti to visit. Why DONT people wanna go to haiti? It's amazing and the people are so beautiful. Sigh. I want to see every square inch of the world. Starting with the mailbox to see if my book came. Lets hope I dont get struck by lightning because that would be a real downer. I probly wont post in the morning but yuns never know. Haha. -Jn

3 comments:

Carl Kilo said...

Nice Blog! Your writing is awesome!
So you are a coal miners daughter..I would love to see a post about that.

Anonymous said...

there and back again~by JN?? I would have to say that you are extremely hilarious. I read. I laugh. Can't wait to read about your trip. Pictures? Yes please. more and more randomness. DBS

Anonymous said...

hi- it's katie, the long lost roomie, who's not your roomie anymore, and yes I'm still getting over the fact that I'm not living with you this year... Anyways, I miss you a stinkin' lot, I'm in Dexter and my room/Kels' is awesomer than I remember. You should visit yo. Much more I could say but that'll do for now. You have a cell phone and I should call it.
Love, your other half, not necessarily better, but quite possibly nuttery (not a real word)