Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Just like...

I had a dream over break.... call it a nightmare... I woke up all freaked out and more than a little bit disconcerted. I had a dream that I was talking to Steph! and she said that basically my 3 hippies at ECHO had a huge falling out over the course of break and refused to live together. The happy hippie house just dissolved in front of me and i was left stuttering. Then mom woke me up. I felt very ill for a good portion of the day. If you are taking notes this was also the day that I broke the saw and the boards, attacked the table into a million pieces, sprayed the fire ants with WD40 and raked them all over the yard and was just generally unpleasant among other adjectives.

Don't worry this is not a post of badness. I will spoil the ending but things all turn around for good in the end.

Yesterday marks the 22nd birth of Steph! or something like that anyways. As this is a celebration there are exemptions from the Lent game. This means we went out to a happy little Irish Pub in our backyard. There was a contingent of 4 from the happy hippie house and Steph!'s apartment mates plus entourage (I think I counted 11 total). I would tell you all the pieces but that would sort of be pointless cause the pieces don't make the whole. Its the kind of goodness that you just let out a big sigh and smile and then sigh again and smile bigger. Good drinks and good people and goodness all around. And I keep thinking, yeah this is what our happy hippie house is all about- Goodness all around.

In other HHH news the 5th of the HHH is turning 21 in days and we are excited on her behalf. There is talk of moving our class forward again to the weeks it was originally scheduled for tambien because 5 of 6 have a place to stay off campus and well the 6th just might. Who knows but that would mean more weeks free in a chunk to work which is good for poor starving college students. And it gets me to thinking about the 6th. I don't know all too much about her but I feel like I should work on this. She is a freshman, orthodox (I think greek), Marine Bio, has a hippie sort of look to her, offered to play DD for our excursions over the summer (which was wicked sweet) and really thats about all I got. I don't even know enough about her to shorten her into a wee name for posting purposes. Basically this translates I think in to and attempt to get to know her better. There are 5 of us who know each other fairly well and better every day which could translate into exclusion and I don't want that at all. Something to work on anyways.

Yeah there are a myriad of other little good bits that make coming back from spring break a little less painful like a test getting moved and a class canceled or a night for driving or a long chat with a friend who is far away from home but like I said these are all just bits and they really don't make up the whole. I guess if you had to describe me right now it would be like content and hopeful both. I am good in the now and things will be better in the soon.

2 comments:

Dan said...

does your HHH allow the language of Spanish to be present? If you say no, add me to your list.

Unknown said...

I speak it frequently. I have to stop and start again in english sometimes. Tybo does the german thing. I think Lu swings french. JJ and steph! I donno so much though JJ can swear at me in russian. So yes...but no...