Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pieces of a. . . of a thing

I have never written a song before, and I guess you can say I still haven't because it is not done. There are definate major chunks that I want that are missing. I'm being patient this time. Anyways the point is see I didnt go about trying to write a song or trying to write anything for that matter. But then there was this song stuck in my head and eventually more and more pieces of this song that I had never heard before were stuck in my head. I always have a song stuck in my head so I didn't think much about it until I started singing it while I was making dinner (yes I sing and talk to myself when I am alone. . .and when I am not), and I stopped myself and said what am I actually singing. And it was mine and I was shocked. I still dont actually know how I feel about this either. Getting ones own song stuck in ones head seems a little bit egotistical but I didnt even know I had a song. I still dont. I just have pieces, but they get stuck in my head, and I sing them.

So these are the pieces that I have so far and thats all you get cause there arent any more. I guess it is a guy singing which makes sense because I dont really like chick singers except so far it has only been me singing it which just makes things that much more jumbled up. Oh well. It is nameless and dateless and main-verseless, but it is blue. Now for that meeting I need to go to. . .

She talks to Jesus
And He gives her what she needs
But what I can't understand
Whe she takes me by the hand is
Why she talks to me

I am... I am... I am not a good man
I am... I am... I am the one who brings her down
I am... I am... I am not the one for her

She says she will never let me go

She talks to Jesus
And He gives her what she needs
But what takes me by surprise
When I look into her eyes is
That she still cries for me


'Twice' out
-Jn

4 comments:

Ramblin' Ed said...

Very interesting. The opening couplet is definately a keeper. It's an attention grabber.

It's like the Japanese national anthem. A song with no beginning and no end. Just all middle.

Unknown said...

Haha. I love it.(the anthem thing) Yeah those are the ones that get stuck most often too. -Jn

Carl Kilo said...

A two word add on
She said... I am... I am not a good man
She said..I am... I am... I am the one who brings her down
She said I am... I am... I am not the one for her"

damn,,I heard that yesterday, with a few choice words added....

Good stuff Jn

Unknown said...

Ah but this she doesnt say that and she doesnt think that. She is oblivious to all of it or chooses to ignore it.