Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sundae

One of my iguanas has taken up living in the heating vent. This is bad. I tried the old trick of leaving food so he will crawl out. Either he crawled out and crawled back in or the other one stole his food cause it disappeared. And the other one has just been sitting in the cage looking all innocent and sweet. Cheeky little... I have to move a book shelf to get to him and I am so not looking forward to that. I managed to avoid campus for a full 24 hours on Friday which is like the first time since Christmas break. I will probly do the same again today but more by necessity than choice this time. (I am more than a little sick) I will do the church thing though, or try at least. They want me to sign the book and 104 hinted that 104.5 just might be there.

22 (04/22/06)

I turn 22 in a day or two
Can you tell me about my life
They say I will survive
The likes of college and the stress
But I am a mess
Existing?—Yes
But the skies aren’t blue
And I don’t know what to do

If he’s making all things new
I guess he hasn’t started yet
Are we taking bets?
I’ll put money on he forgets
But I’ll get there in time

I just want to be alone
No computer, no cell phone
A couple of trees and me
Nothing paved as far as I can see
Nothing I really call mine
Just words and wild treasures I happen to find
There must be some way
I’m 22 in a few days.

-Jn

(I took out the sacreligious parts this morning, but then I put them back in cause that wasn't fair to yesterday.)

1 comment:

Ramblin' Ed said...

Sacreligeousness aside...

Sure did like these two lines just for general purposes:
A couple of trees and me
Nothing I really call mine

I was just wondering how come you have never even mentioned banana pudding in anything you've written. Or did I just miss it?